Education CoordinatorInstituut voor Communicatie | Sluitingsdatum: 04/12/2020
We are looking for a coordinator in charge of educational processes. Are you a solid, pragmatic and proactive person? Then you could be the new colleague that Creative Business is looking for!
The main task will concern managing and coordinating various ICT programmes for our degree programme and the team, such as the online learning management system (Canvas), the online collaboration and videotool MS TEAMS, the assessment systemTestVision Online), the student communication app MyHU and various online tools for blended learning, besides functioning as a key user.
The Education Coordinator will also be in charge of:
- Putting exchange students in the right class and making class lists available for lecturers.
- Preparing questionnaires for course and teacher evaluations in the online system Evalytics and reporting the results.
- Preparing student panels of class representatives, taking minutes and reporting the results.
- Matching lecturers, educational activities and other tasks and processing data into scheduling software (Xedule, ACO). Supporting (also as back up) the education coordinator who manages and provides advice about this process.
- Managing the Osiris registration process, Xedule and Canvas for students who fall outside regular classes and scheduling.
- Moderating online exams.
The Education Coordinator will work closely with two other Education Coordinators. Together you are in charge of:
- Informing HR of temporary staff and checking and confirming the payments.
- Checking student entry requirements for work placement and the graduation assignment.
- In collaboration with the management assistant, organizing student events and ceremonies.
- Organizing exam inspections.
- Helping out with the organization regarding visiting students.
- Matching examiners to the correct courses and making sure the list is updated for the exam board.
- Updating the Team Site Creative Business.
- Keeping up to date with new developments and projects.
- Replacing / backing up the management assistant when needed.
You are a coordinator at heart, computer literate as well as methodical and independent. You will report directly to the Creative Business management team. The required level for this position is HBO and you have a certificate to support this. You are capable of holding your own ground in a busy, changing and complex environment. You are accurate, pragmatic and service-minded; you get things done. Because of your coordination skills and insight you support your colleagues by regulating processes. You have affinity with computer software and are not afraid of learning new skills for our online (blended) teaching environments. You are fluent in both Dutch and English.
Your working environment
You will work within the Creative Business (CB) team. CB is a steadily growing study programme, taught in English. You will have approximately 60 colleagues, teaching a student population of approx. 1200. CB has a truly international population of students and lecturers.
Your labour conditions
You'll receive a contract for a year (D3) for a minimum of 0.8 fte and a maximum of 1.0 fte. The legal status of your current contract will not be affected in case you are already working at the HU. The minimum gross monthly wages for 1 fte is 2598,89, maximum 3479,70 (scale 8). In accordance with the HBO Collective Work Agreement you will receive an additional 8% holiday pay and a year-end bonus. We also offer excellent training and development opportunities to our staff. Having a longer working week in favor of more holidays or the other way around is optional. You will be available to start working at Creative Business on 1 February 2021 at the earliest and 1 March 2021 at the latest.
For more information please contact CB programme manager Richard Versmissen (Richard.firstname.lastname@example.org). Please visit our website www.hu.nl for more information on working at the Hogeschool Utrecht.
Please apply online before Friday 4 December next. This vacancy is open to internal and external candidates. Internal candidates will receive preferential treatment in case of equal suitability. Interviews will be held online in the week of 16 December next. We will start in Dutch and move to English during the interview.
Open communication both internally and with our surrounding environment is what makes the HU a transparent organisation. At the HU, our management philosophy is based on working in teams. Sharing knowledge and doing exactly what we promise to do, inside and outside the HU, is the foundation for cooperation. This means we acknowledge, use, share and enhance each others competencies and expertise consistently, so all of us are able to get as much out of it as we can. The Utrecht University of Applied Sciences is a knowledge organisation. Through high standard education and research, we work on the innovation and professionalisation of professional practice and the personal development of talent. This is our way to contribute to the social, cultural and economic development of an open, fair and sustainable society. The HU educates motivated students ranging from 17 until 67 years old. Not only new people on the labour market but also those who are already working and wish to update, extend or deepen their knowledge and skills come to the HU for education. There is a high demand in society for professionals who keep on developing their skills. The HU has a large variety of different Study Programmes which cover almost all (professional) sectors and we are one of the major providers of master courses and advanced courses for people with a higher education.
We are a large organisation with approximately 3500 employees where humans are still in the centre of the attention. The HU has locations is Utrecht and Amersfoort. The Remedial Education Seminary organises its regional activities through local offices.